is this a common american occurrence?
the holy grail of bathroom decorations
Some magical tulle action happening today. I have to make the tulle layer a bit shorter, then smooth it out on the bottom and sew it into place. By this time tomorrow it should be looking much more finished and less messy!
I’ve decided to completely change the bodice design so it might take me longer then expected to get this project finished. But hopefully it’ll be done in time to take advantage of the nearby pumpkin patch and sunflower field!
Some other facts about Josephine Baker (Freda Josephine McDonald)
- She first married at the age of 13
- She danced alongside Ethel Waters at the Plantation Club in New York City
- She tried to bring her career to America in 1936 but the racism forced her back to France
- She was a member of the Free French forces during WWII
- She also worked for the French Resistance during WWII. She smuggled messages in her underwear and music sheets.
- She was awarded the Croix de Guerre and the Legion of Honour for her work with the French military
- She was married 4 times
- She adopted 12 children from around the world
- She attended the March on Washington and was one of the speaker’s
- In 1973 she finally got to perform at Carnegie Hall in NYC
- Princess Grace of Monaco was a friend of Josephine Baker
- Josephine Baker died in her sleep of a cerebral hemorrhage on April 12, 1975 at the age of 69
- Over 20,000 people attended her funeral procession in Paris
- May 20th is Josephine Baker Day as declared by the NAACP because of her Civil Rights work